Health Related Organizations
The references and links below were compiled for the sole purpose of providing additional information...
• Alzheimer’s Association - Leading organization on Alzheimer’s that provides referrals, research and support throughout the world. www.alz.org
• American Diabetes Association - A leading non-profit health organization that provides diabetes research, information, and advocacy in the US. www.diabetes.org
• American Heart Association - A national health agency providing research, publications and support in order to reduce the likelihood of disability and death from cardiovascular disease and stroke. www.americanheart.org
• Veterans Affairs (formerly Veterans Administration) - Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for allocating benefits to veterans and their dependents. It contains information on education, compensation, insurance, health and more. www.va.gov.
• National Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc. - This not-for-profit is focused on meeting the needs in the care and treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease. www.parkinson.org
• Argentum - The Argentum is the largest national association exclusively dedicated to professionally-managed, resident-centered senior living communities and the seniors and families they serve. Argentum has advocated for choice, accessibility, independence, dignity, and quality of life for all seniors. www.argentum.org
• National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization - NHPCO is the largest nonprofit membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. The organization is committed to improving end of life care and expanding access to hospice care with the goal of profoundly enhancing quality of life for people dying in America and their loved ones. www.nhpco.org
• Aging Life Care Association - The Aging Life Care Association’s goal is to advance professional geriatric care management through education, collaboration, and leadership. www.aginglifecare.org
- Alzheimer’s Support Group at Kensington Park - The Alzheimer's Support Group provides a confidential place for friends and families to share experiences, caregiving tips, and to assist in the journey of an Alzheimer's caregiver.